Tuesday, September 22, 2009

FLOOD!

Hey Ya'll! I hope you're all enjoying life! I actuall have an interesting story to tell! My first ever so bear with me. :) Ok... It had been raining almost every day the week before. And at that moment it was storming. I mean STORMING! We were all upstairs doing school, it was just after lunch. Everyone had cleaned up the kitchen. Then my little brother noticed that the fireplace was leaking. Mom checked and made sure the flue was closed, which it was, and then went to the basement laundry room to check the clothes. Now I must tell you that before we moved into the house, the people who lived there before told us that the basement had a leak. The people had tried to fix the leak but they were not sure if it had worked. There had been no rain for a while. Now where was I? Oh yeah, i remember now. Mom had just gone downstairs to check the laundry. Naturally, being the ever helpful me, I went down to help/talk to Mom. As soon as I got downstairs she told me to help her get everything off the floor. I quickly saw why. The laundry room floor had a line of water that was slowly but surely moving towards the washing machine. I will try to put a picture of the layout of the basement on the blog. The water had come from the other side of a half wall. Like I said, you need the picture. After taking almost every thing upstairs. We looked in an old closet and found a Wet-Vac. A vaccum cleaner that sucks of water. So my younger brother got to work and ended up sucking up ove 200 Gallons of water! Later we mopped up downstairs to get rid of mold. Any ways, thats my story. It really happened. and thank goodness it finally stopped raining!

~Nutmeg~

P.S. You should hear about the store opening soon!

3 comments:

  1. OMG.......I HERD THAT IT WAS FLODDING OVER THERE ,AND WAS CONCERNED ABOUT YALL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! I'm so sorry!! Hey I never knew you found a house yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!! praise the LORD for that wet vac!! glad things turned out okay!!
    miss you!!
    Just posted a blog post about you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete